User Role to Board Role Mapper app helps to define the roles for the board member based on the user roles. User roles define the permissions for users to perform the specified actions. In a default Restyaboard, there are some predefined roles with a predefined set of permissions. The user roles are Admin, User, Guest. It's one of the solutions for assigning the users to those roles and set their access on the boards.
Features / Benefits
- Allow users to manage the different type of users based on the roles.
- Based on the roles, it helps to assign the access rights to perform the tasks in the board.
- By cutting down the spending time of assigning the role to the user, it leads to saving the productive time.
How to use
- In the
Admin panelby clicking
Rolesoption in the Header menu, it will redirect to Roles page.
- Under the
Usertab, there will be a list of boards with the select option, for each user roles.
- The select options of each board for each user roles will contain the list of board member roles.
Below steps contains workflow of the App in real cases.
- Before selecting the board member roles for the users in the board, Users who are all having the admin role had the board member editor role in the board
- The board member role
Ownerhas been set for the user who are having
adminrole in the board
Birthday Partyin the admin panel
- Also, in future, if the user with same user role
adminadded to the board, then the user will be assigned with
Ownerboard member role.
What do I Need?
Simple and effective feature to allot particular board member roles to the users with particular user roles in each board.
Easy and effective feature to manage the users action in the board.
By cutting down the time of assigning board member roles to the users with different user roles.
Difficult to assign the levels of access.
Difficult to assign the board member roles repetitively for the particular user role in the boards.
- Purchase User Role to Board Role Mapper app
- Goto Restyaboard installation root directory.e.g., directory:
- Unzip the purchased User Role to Board Role Mapper app to your root directory
- Open the command prompt in the
/usr/share/nginx/html/restyaboard/client/apps/r_board_role_mapper/path and give the executable permission to the shell file
chmod +x board_role_mapper.sh
- Run the shell script file. e.g.,
- Clear the browser cache, and login again to view the installed User Role to Board Role Mapper app on your Restyaboard.