In Insights you’ll find the data you need to better understand and make smarter decisions about your project in the Restyaboard. You’ll also be able to quickly track performance. It’s easier to get your project status and performance with new data views and visualizations. It can help you create an even better user experience and you can track many different aspects of your project.
Features / Benefits
- Perfectly organized charts and graphs for representing the number of tasks completed and to bring out the best results of your project.
- The spent time and cycle time gives you an insight into what's going on in your project through time. Identify bottleneck and successful periods, and work on minimizing the former and maximizing the latter.
- The graph displays the changes through time of the number of cards in a specific list in the list time and overall changes through time of the number of cards in all lists in the spent time.
Dashboard Chartsapp adds charts with a summary in the dashboard, for easy filtering of Today Todos, etc.
Dashboard Chartsapp should be installed in order to show the throughput which represents the breakdown of the number of completed cards.
How to use
- First, we have to configure the
Dashboard Chartsapp to represent the throughput charts in the insights of your project. You can configure the
Dashboard Chartsapp by following the steps from here.
- After configuring the
Dashboard Chartsapp, we have to create the separate board for the project and add the lists with Todo, Doing, Done list names configured in the
- After adding the list names, please add the tasks on your project as the cards in the lists according to the status of your task in the project.
- After adding the cards, if the task of your project is completed, please move the related card of your task on the project to the Done list.
- After completing some task of your project and moving the related card of your task on the project to the Done list, we can now see the insights for the project by clicking the Insights icon in the board header.
- The Insights of your project will be shown with throughput chart by default and it will show the number of cards in the Done list ie., the number of completed tasks of your project.
- In the Insight view, there are three categories for analyzing the status of your project and they are Cycle Time, List Time and Spent Time.
Cycle Time, the charts will represent the average number of cards moved to the Done list in the duration of the week, month, year and overall.
List Time, the charts will represent the average number of cards move between each list in the duration of the week, month, year and overall.
Spent Time, the charts will represent the total number of cards moved to the Done list with the estimated time.
What do I Need?
Simple and effective feature to analyze and find the average time taken by the cards to move from TODO lists to DONE lists.
By cutting down the time of spending on unproductive tasks for managing cards, we can save the productive time by knowing the cards in the DONE list.
Difficulty in analyzing the project status.
Difficulty in finding the bottleneck and successful periods in the projects, and work on minimizing the former and maximizing the latter.
- Purchase Insights app
- Goto Restyaboard installation root directory.e.g., directory:
- Unzip the purchased Insights app to your root directory
- Open the command prompt in the
/usr/share/nginx/html/restyaboard/client/apps/r_insights/path and give the executable permission to the shell file
chmod +x insights.sh
- Run the shell script file. e.g.,
- Clear the browser cache, and login again to view the installed Insights app on your Restyaboard.