Are you equipped to take the subsequent step in your profession? Have you puzzled over a way to emerge as a demonstrated project management expert? If so, it is time to get licensed. A project management certification can provide you with treasured abilities, expertise, and understanding — now no longer to say a seal of approval from a good program. So how are you going to get licensed in project management?
How to get a project management certification?
Many worldwide businesses provide project management certificates, with the Project Management Institute (PMI) serving as the main enterprise for project management. Other vital institutions encompass Scrum Alliance, the American Academy of Project Management, and ILX Group, which gives the PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner certifications.
The first step to turning into an authorized task supervisor is figuring out which sort of task supervisor you are (or need to be) and choose the certificates that make the maximum feel for you.
There are 8 extraordinary varieties of PMI project management certificates. Four of those are standard expertise certificates, and the alternative 4 are distinctive certificates that require a combination of enterprise enjoyment and training.
The standard certificate is:
- Project Management Professional (PMP): This is what PMI calls the “gold general of project management certification.” It is the maximum famous and possibly maximum famous of all the project management certifications. It typically calls for 3 to 5 years of enjoyment and 35 hours of project management training.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM): This entry-degree certificate calls for 23 hours of project management training earlier than taking the exam.
- Program Management Professional (PgMP): This certification is geared closer to people who manipulate more than one complicated initiative and feature among 4 and eleven years of enjoyment.
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP): According to PMI, the PfMP demonstrates the “demonstrated cap potential withinside the coordinated control of 1 or greater portfolios to reap organizational objectives.” Professionals in search of these certificates ought to have at least 8 years of portfolio control.
The greater specialized certificate is:
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA): According to PMI, this certificate “spotlights your cap potential to work efficiently with stakeholders to outline their enterprise necessities, form the output of initiatives and pressure a hit enterprise outcome.”
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP): This certificate became created for experts who often practice Agile ideas of their project management.
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP): This certificate goals applicants in threat-control roles.
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP): This certificate validates the skills of people answerable for the scheduling of initiatives.
Project control certificate from different businesses
Professional businesses around the sector provide extra certifications withinside the project management arena. A few of the famous ones are:
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM): Offered with the aid of using Scrum Alliance, this certification qualifies people withinside the exercise of the Agile method referred to as Scrum.
- PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner: These designations are widely recognized withinside the U.K. and are administered with the aid of using the ILX Group. PRINCE2 Foundation assessments primary project management terminology and method, even as PRINCE2 Practitioner assessments superior project management capabilities.
- CompTIA Project+: Offered with the aid of CompTIA, the Computing Technology Industry Association, this project management certification is just like PMI’s CAPM designation.
- Certified Project Management Practitioner (CPMP): Administered with the aid of using the EC-Council, this route aims “to feature fee to control experts with the aid of using growing managerial, management and technical abilities required to make any task, small or complicated, a success,” in line with CIO.com.
The advantages of project management certification
Getting licensed takes time, attempt, and money (yes, it prints money). However, many task managers declare their certification has landed them jobs and better salaries. The PMI claims licensed task managers earn 20% greater than uncertified task managers. However, many task managers have acquired their education at the activity and are particularly a hit without such certifications.