If you are eyeing a career in construction project management, you will be speculative on the way to start. There are many completely different routes to changing into a construction project manager, in keeping with the UK’s Universities and faculties Admissions Service (UCAS). whereas some climb the ladder through the job route, enterprise apprenticeships within the field, and learning concerning construction on the duty, others obtain academic opportunities like certifications to advance into the role.
A few of the organizations that offer additional info on and certifications in construction project management are:
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
- American Institute of Contractors (AIC)
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
The CMAA offers the Certified Construction Manager degree through its Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI). The degree is licensed by the yank National Standards Institute. CMCI jointly offers the development Manager-in-Training (CMIT) degree, which is for aspiring CM professionals.
The AIC offers the development Certification Program with 2 levels: The Associate builder (AC) and therefore the Certified skilled builder (CPC). The AC is good for recent graduates of four-year construction management programs or those transitioning into the sphere from different industries. The CPC is for established contractors or those with many years of project oversight expertise.
Internationally, the CIOB and CITB each offer info and leads on apprenticeships and academic opportunities. If you are fascinated by changing into a construction project manager, you will conjointly wish to contemplate the additional generalized project management certifications provided by prestigious trade organizations. These degrees include:
- Project Management skilled (PMP) and licensed Associate in Project Management (CAPM), each offered by the Project Management Institute, one of all the leading organizations within the project management field.
- Certified Project Management practitioner (CPMP)
- Associate in Project Management
- Master Project Manager (MPM)
- Professional in Project Management (PPM)
- Certified Project Director