A representative is an expert man or woman or enterprise exercise that gives professional recommendations to others. A project management representative affords professional project management recommendations to outside businesses. A business enterprise might also additionally lease a project management representative if it lacks project management knowledge or desires project management recommendations from an outside, independent party.
Project management representative vs Project management contractor
A project management representative and a project management contractor are incredibly special roles. A representative’s task is to provide recommendations or support. They are not in charge of the project’s execution or liable for its achievement. For instance, the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a famous project management consultancy. Some in their normal offerings include:
- Reviewing cutting-edge project management procedures and capabilities
- Providing an outline of weaknesses in cutting-edge procedures and controls
- Recommendations for higher procedures and controls
- Support withinside the implementation of the latest gear, procedures, and procedures
- Change control and transformation support.
Notice there are not any normal project manager responsibilities on the list. Consultants will not create project plans, execute, monitor, control, or near out your tasks. Their task is to assist supply your personnel with the proper gear to do this stuff on their own. Contractors, meanwhile, are employed to fill an inner position. A project management contractor will generally have the identical position and obligations as an inner project manager.
Pros and cons of project management consultancy
Some of the advantages of turning into a representative are:
- You can pick out which tasks to take on.
- You are at the price of a while and generally have greater agenda flexibility.
- You get to set your prices and regularly make extra cash according to the hour.
- You can work with many special corporations and in numerous industries.
Some of the drawbacks of turning into a representative are:
- Less task security, as you figure for yourself, and consulting jobs will not be steady.
- You may be jogging your very own enterprise; this means greater complicated accounting and taxes.
How to be a project management representative?
To grow to be a project management representative, you need to have the following:
- Strong understanding of project management procedures and quality practices
- Experience making use of project management concepts in a whole lot of situations.
- The cap has the potential to manipulate consumer relationships and expectations well.
As a representative, you want to show to others that your abilities and understanding make you treasured sufficient to lease and offer recommendations. Reputation and credibility are vital to a successful consultancy.